Avanza Healthcare Strategies is supporting our client — a new, state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center (ASC) specializing in spine and pain management in Delaware — in its search for a motivated and energetic full-time Administrator.
The Administrator will be part of the Center’s leadership team, providing clinical and administrative oversight and direction of surgery center operations, including business growth, strategic planning, marketing, financial stewardship, and daily operational activities.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Governing Board in charting and implementing the Center’s mission in accordance with the needs of the community.
- Recommend and update strategic long-range plans to support the Center’s philosophy and goals.
- Provide direction to the Center’s administrative and clinical staff.
- Foster an environment, which promotes staff growth and development as well as assessing staff’s educational needs and implementing programs to meet those needs
- Serves as a liaison between the community, and other local healthcare providers.
- Ensure all areas operate within the established policies, procedures, and strategic objectives of the ASC’s managing entity and in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Develop operating budget, monitor financial indicators, and provide financial oversight.
- Regularly update the Governing Board and Medical Director on activities and issues which impact Center operations.
- Establish and maintain standards of nursing care.
- Direct all Quality Assessment Performance Improvement activities.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of equipment and supplies to achieve best practices.
- Assure compliance with all relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Coordinate efforts for AAAHC and/or JCAHO, CMS, State of Delaware accreditation surveys.
- Oversee selection and training of new team members and ongoing professional development of staff.
- Represent the Center in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, and third party payers.
- Prepare and present management reports and KPI’s to the Governing Board and Medical Executive Committee.
- Prepare materials for and attend meetings of the Governing Board and Medical Executive Committee.
- Knowledge of the principles and experience in the practices of health care planning and management to lead a team in the coordination of center operations.
- Demonstrated experience in long range planning, financial and operations management.
- High degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to analyze situations and take effective action.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with the board, staff, policy making bodies, third party payers, patients and the public.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organization and problem solving capability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Five years of management experience in an ambulatory healthcare setting.
- Previous experience in a freestanding ambulatory surgery center.
- Master’s degree in health care management or business administration, preferred.
- Graduate of accredited nursing school and active RN license, preferred.
The above statements reflect the general outline considered necessary to describe the principle functions of this job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements. Candidates may be asked to provide three references upon request and undergo a background check.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].